The importance of a funeral director in your time of need
The funeral director's role is to arrange for care of the deceased, offer guidance and support to families in their time of need. If the funeral has not been pre-planned, then your funeral director can guide you through the detail of organising a funeral. They’ll help you make all the decisions, big or small – including those that you didn’t know you had to make.
But above all, your funeral director will try to ease your burden at this most distressing time by taking on the practical aspects of arranging a funeral. At McGlynn Hunt Funerals we aim to make this our priority, ensuring you and your family can spend time with your loved ones whilst receiving caring support.
Your funeral director can help you with as much (or as little) as you like. See how our funeral directors can assist you when you need it most:
- Organising the collection of your loved one from a hospital, nursing home or home address
- Caring for the deceased and making a private chapel of rest available where family and friends can pay their last respects
- Guiding you through legal processes such as registering the death and completing documentation
- Providing advice on whether to choose burial or cremation
- Talking you thought who should lead the service – this might be a celebrant, a family member, a friend or a member of your faith
- Liaising with the churchyard, cemetery (or wherever you choose) to set the date and time of the funeral
- Paying disbursements such as crematorium fees on your behalf
- Registration of death with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Collection of medical certificates and dispatch to appropriate authorities
- Arranging music, floral tributes and newspaper notices if you require them
- Arranging your loved one's journey to the place of the funeral service, and providing vehicles as required for family and mourners
- Video recording or live streaming for those unable to attend
- Helping to organise a wake after the funeral
- Support and direction in writing eulogies, if needed
- Referral to grief support
At McGlynn Hunt Funerals, our funeral directors are here to offer our understanding, knowledge and care. From the moment of first contact through to the conclusion of the ceremony we will provide expert advice and make all necessary arrangements to suit the needs of you and your family.